Rodrigo Espinoza, District 1
Josh Pedrozo, District 2
Chairman Daron McDaniel, District 3
Lloyd Pareira, District 4
Scott Silveira, District 5
Phone: (209) 385-7366 Fax: (209) 726-7977
Regular Meeting – 10:00 a.m.
Merced County Administration Building
2222 M Street
Board Room, Third Floor
Merced CA, 95340
THE PUBLIC WILL BE PROVIDED AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON ANY MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED SESSION PRIOR TO THE BOARD ADJOURNING INTO THE CLOSED SESSION (TESTIMONY LIMITED TO THREE MINUTES PER PERSON)
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1): 1. County of Merced, et al v. Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation et al.; Case No. 1:18-op-45643-DAP (1:17-MD-2804).
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning a Conference with Real Property Negotiator(s) Dana Hertfelder, Director of Public Works pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 as follows:
Property: APN #030-272-016, 548 W. 21st St., Merced, CA
Agency Negotiator: Dana Hertfelder, Director of Public Works
Negotiation Party: Eddie La Plante, Realtor, Next Door Real Estate
Under Negotiation: To request authority to negotiate proposed purchase
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED AS PUBLIC HEARINGS (TESTIMONY LIMITED TO THREE MINUTES PER PERSON)
1. 1) Adopt a Resolution designating the intersection of Columbus Avenue and American Avenue in the Hilmar area as an all-way stop intersection; and 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post stop signs on the American Avenue approaches to its intersection with Columbus Avenue.
2. 1) Adopt a Resolution designating the intersection of Columbus Avenue and Geer Avenue in the Hilmar area as an all-way stop intersection; and 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post stop signs on the Geer Avenue approaches to its intersection with Columbus Avenue.
3. 1) Adopt a Resolution designating the intersection of Yosemite Avenue and Lake Road in the Merced area as a two-way stop intersection; and 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post a stop sign on the Yosemite Avenue westbound approach to its intersection with Lake Road.
4. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2020163 (JOC-013) with Marvulli, Inc., dba DMC Construction, for Building Construction Remodeling, Repairs and Maintenance Services.
5. Approve retroactive Budget Transfer in the amount of $415,000 to adjust appropriations to perform necessary repairs and replacement of equipment in the John Latorraca Correctional Center Kitchen resulting from damage sustained in an explosion and fire that occurred on June 22, 2021.
6. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2019070 (State Contract No. 18-10553) with the California Department of Public Health to implement the Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health project.
9. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2020155 with the Merced Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) for support services from the Community and Economic Development Department, to extend the term for one year and increase the payment from the GSA to Merced County to the maximum amount of $135,000.
11. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2019371 with The Regents of the University of California, on behalf of its Merced Campus, for Stop-Gap Fire Protection Services.
13. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $485,353 to establish prior year appropriation (FY2020/2021) for COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic costs to be funded by Public Health's COVID-19 ELC Enhancing Detection Expansion grant funds. (4/5 Vote Required)
15. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2012188 with Global Tel*Link for telephone communication services for adult inmates housed in the Sheriffs Correctional Facilities.
17. Approve Budget Transfers in the amount of $2,238,718.44 and $9,252,911.00 to remove utilized CARES funds previously allocated by the Board to various projects for Social Distancing, Emergency Rental Assistance, Outreach and Engagement, Personal Protective Equipment/Sanitization supplies, and Technology/Telework Support and to reimburse Cares eligible salaries and benefits related to Public Health, Public Safety, DOC operations, and Community Outreach and Engagement activities as well as COVID Emergency Sick Leave, reimbursements for Behavioral Health and Recovery Services hospitalizations and Technology Upgrades.
20. 1) Introduce an ordinance entitled "An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.64 of the Merced County Code to Maintain Fiscal Year 2020/2021 User Charge Rates in Fiscal Year 2021/2022 for Zones of Benefit in County Service Area Number One and to Update Zone of Benefit Purpose and Intent Language for Consistency with State Law", and waive further reading; and 2) Set possible adoption of said ordinance on the July 27, 2021 Board Agenda.
21. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works or designee to sign the Regional Surface Transportation Program Exchange Fund Apportionments Claim for Fiscal Year 2020/2021 in the amount of $925,430.80 and submit said Claim to the Merced County Association of Governments for processing.
22. Find that substantial evidence demonstrates that an emergency continues to exist regarding the HVAC Systems at the Los Banos Spring Fair - Germino Building, 403 F St., Los Banos, such that the emergency will not permit a delay resulting from a competitive solicitation for bids, and that the action is necessary to respond to the emergency. (4/5 Vote Required)
23. Find that substantial evidence demonstrates that an emergency continues to exist regarding the access control system at seven (7) different Sheriff locations, such that the emergency will not permit a delay resulting from a competitive solicitation for bids, and that the action is necessary to respond to the emergency. (4/5 Vote Required)
24. 1) Find that substantial evidence demonstrates that an emergency exists regarding the drinking water well at the John Latorraca Correctional Center (JLCC) such that the emergency will not permit a delay resulting from a competitive solicitation for bids, and that the action is necessary to respond to the emergency. (4/5 Vote Required); 2) Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20134, approve construction of a drinking water replacement well at JLCC without adopting plans, specifications, strain sheets or working details and authorize the Director of Public Works to enter into contracts after review by County Counsel and Risk Management to have the work performed; and 3) Approve the associated budget transfers. (4/5 Vote Required)
26. 1) Ratify the Agreement Funding Application to the California Department of Public Health for the Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health program; and 2) Authorize the Director of Public Health or designee to sign all relevant documents associated to the Agreement Funding Application.
27. Approve retroactive revenue Agreement with the Merced County Office of Education for the participation of Merced County Department of Public Health staff in the planning and development of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Aware Initiative, a Trauma-Informed Network of Care.
28. 1) Approve the retroactive Termination of Contract No. 2017076 with Dr. John M. Yarbrough, M.D., M.B.A., effective June 30, 2021; 2) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign a new retroactive contract with Dr. John M. Yarbrough, M.D., M.B.A., for the provision of child psychiatric services; and 3) Direct Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to return to the Board for further action once the vacant Staff Psychiatric position has been filled.
29. Approve the new retroactive contract with Lifestyle Management Drydock, Inc. for Behavioral Health and Recovery Services oversight of Lifestyle Management's First Offender and Multiple Offender Drinking Driver Program services.
30. Adopt a Resolution to approve and authorize the Chairman to sign an agreement (State Agreement No. 21-10030) with California Department of Health Care Services to provide Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System services.
33. Contract with Melo Dairy Biogas, LLC for the payment of costs charged by Environmental Planning Partners, Inc. for the preparation of an Initial Study, Environmental Impact Report and Technical Analyses for the Melo Dairy Biogas Expansion Project (CUP21-001).
34. 1) Adopt a Resolution authorizing an agreement with AT&T Corp. to provide telecommunications technology procurement solutions through the County's Fast Open Contracts Utilization Services (FOCUS) Program to other public agencies; 2) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the agreement with AT&T Corp. allowing AT&T Corp. to participate in the County's FOCUS Program, subject to the payment of the County's administrative fee, providing telecommunications technology procurement solutions to public agencies; and 3) Authorize the Chairman to sign the AT&T Corp. contract award announcement letter.
40. 1) Adopt a Resolution ratifying the Chief Probation Officer's submission of a grant proposal and authorizing the Board Chair to sign the grant agreement with the Board of State and Community Corrections for participation in the Youth Programs and Facilities Grant Program funded by the State of California; and 2) Direct the Chief Probation Officer to return to the Board upon receipt of approval and award of the Youth Programs and Facilities Grant funds.
43. 1) Introduce an ordinance entitled, "An Ordinance Relating to the Redemption of Impounded Animals" amending Title 7, Chapter 7.04 of the Merced County Code, and waive further reading; and 2) Set possible adoption of said Ordinance on the July 27, 2021 Board Agenda.
44. 1) Approve the Application for Relief of Accountability as submitted by the Tax Collector for collection of unsecured property taxes duly assessed for the calendar years 2009 and 2010 and other accounts deemed uncollectible, in the amount of $818,343.98 plus $81,827.46 in penalties and $6,170.00 in fees and costs as submitted on Exhibit A; and 2) Execute the Order of Relief of Accountability and authorize the Auditor-Controller to reduce the outstanding delinquent unsecured tax role by the sum of $906,341.44.
46. 1) Memorandum of Understanding with Golden State Finance Authority (GSFA) to apply for a grant for the development of a countywide Broadband Strategic Plan, term to begin on July 14, 2021 and to end upon completion of a countywide Broadband Strategic Plan if awarded or shall terminate upon GSFA's receipt of notice of disapproval from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration; and 2) Direct Staff to return to the Board with the application results.
53. State Water Resources Control Board re: 2021 Petition for Change involving a proposed 100,000 Acre Foot Water Transfer between Oakdale and South San Joaquin IDS and San Luis Delta Mendota Water Authority.
July 27, 2021
August 10, 2021
August 24, 2021