Rodrigo Espinoza, District 1
Josh Pedrozo, District 2
Chairman Daron McDaniel, District 3
Lloyd Pareira, District 4
Scott Silveira, District 5
Phone: (209) 385-7366 Fax: (209) 726-7977
Regular Meeting – 10:00 a.m.
Redistricting Public Hearing – 1:30 p.m.
Merced County Administration Building
2222 M Street
Board Room, Third Floor
Merced CA, 95340
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1): 1) Albert Flores v. County of Merced, Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case No. ADJ14180479 and ADJ9985026; 2) Aurora Rodriquez v. County of Merced, Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case No. ADJ9858966; and 3) Lee v. Warnke, et al., Eastern District Case No. 1:19-CV-01043-EPG (PC)
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED AS PUBLIC HEARINGS (Testimony limited to three minutes per person)
2) Close the Public Hearing;
3) Find that the removal and addition of land from the Agricultural Preserve pertaining to: a) PLA 21-001 located on the north side of E. Gerard Avenue, approximately 660 feet east of S. Plainsburg Road in the Le Grand area, b) PLA 21-003 located on the north side of W. Bird Street approximately 993 feet east of N. Livingston Cressey Road in the Livingston area, c) MS 21-004 located on the southwest corner of N. Monte Cristo Avenue and W. Mercedes Avenue in the Livingston area, d) MS 21-006 located on the southwest corner of W. American Avenue and N. Griffith Avenue in the Hilmar area, is exempt from CEQA under Section 15183, Projects Consistent with a Community Plan or Zoning based on the findings listed in the Board Agenda Item; and,
4) Adopt a Resolution to amend the Agricultural Preserve as per the requirements of the Land Conservation Act of 1965 (Williamson Act) Section 51200 et seq. of the California Government Code.
Presentation by the Countys demographic consultant outlining the redistricting process and Public Hearing to receive public input and testimony regarding Merced Countys supervisorial district boundaries and communities of interest per California Elections Code Section 21500 et seq.
2) Open Public Hearing and accept public comment;
3) Close Public Hearing; and,
4) Provide staff direction regarding the 2021 redistricting process.
1. 1) Adopt the Resolution designating the intersection of Emma Street and Third Street in the Snelling area as an all-way stop intersection; and, 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post stop signs on the Emma Street approaches to its intersection with Third Street.
2. 1) Adopt the Resolution designating the intersection of Columbus Avenue and Bloss Avenue in the Hilmar area as an all-way stop intersection; and, 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post stop signs on the Bloss Avenue approaches to its intersection with Columbus Avenue.
3. 1) Adopt the Resolution providing the placement of a stop sign on the northwest bound Bigler Drive approach to its intersection with Watt Street; and, 2) Direct the Director of Public Works to post a stop sign on the northwest bound Bigler Drive approach to its intersection with Watt Street.
4. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $155,000 to increase appropriation to Merced Veterans ADA project due to unforeseen design and construction costs due to challenges with reuse and accessibility of the stage.
5. Approve and authorize the Director of Public Health or designee to sign and submit the updated Scope of Work and future Scope of Works to Contract No. 2020235 for the California Home Visiting Program - Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting.
6. Approve and authorize the Director of Public Health or designee to sign and submit the updated Scope of Work and future Scope of Works to Contract No. 2020236 for the California Home Visiting Program State General Fund Innovation Project.
7. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2016291 with Kings View Corporation to provide Patients' Rights Advocate services, revising the contract terms, and Exhibits A, B and E.
8. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2019305 with Turner Residential, Inc. for residential care services to Behavioral Health and Recovery Services consumers, revising insurance to meet County Standards, adding COVID-19 requirements, update Exhibit B, add Exhibit E, and revising Exhibit W.
9. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2018237 with Castle Family Health Centers for placement of County clinical staff to provide mental health and alcohol and drug services at their facilities in Atwater, involving no compensation, adding COVID-19 requirements, and amending Exhibits A and E.
10. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2018052 with Mental Health Management I, Inc., dba Canyon Manor, for locked placement of consumers who have chronic psychiatric impairments or severe behavioral problems to extend the contract term, revises sections 2, 3, and 7, adds COVID-19 requirements, and updates Exhibits A, B and E.
18. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $5,800 to establish a fixed asset and to increase appropriation in the Sheriff Corrections budget unit to purchase a utility shed that will be utilized as a guard shack located at the entrance to the John Latorraca Correctional Facility to enhance security.
19. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $50,000 to increase equipment lease account for the Axon Enterprise Inc. contract payment for FY 20/21 to be reimbursed from Trust 02610 Rural Small Counties. (4/5 Vote Required)
20. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $24,685.70 to increase the Plane Operating Cost account due to additional repairs needed, additional cost is offset by an increase in revenue due to insurance proceeds. (4/5 Vote Required)
23. Act on Claims for Damages submitted by Omar Ramirez, Daniel Leon Roberts and Application for Leave to Present a Late Claim submitted by Coleen Franzino as recommended by Risk Management and County Counsel.
25. 1) Ratify the Improvement Agreement between the County of Merced and J. Dean Construction, Inc. for Major Subdivision No. MAS04-016 (Braga Ranch) executed by the Director of Public Works; 2) Approve the Final Map for Major Subdivision No. MAS04-016 (Braga Ranch), located on Elliott Avenue and Station Avenue in the McSwain area; and, 3) Accept subject to improvement all offers of dedication for public use shown on said Final Map.
28. 1) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the Special Services Agreement with CGL Companies, Inc. of Sacramento, CA, to finalize criteria documents and provide project/construction management services for a new 256 bed Maximum Security Facility at the John Latorraca Correctional Center and a Sheriff Administration Services Facility; and, 2) Approve related Budget Transfers. (4/5 Vote Required)
29. Retroactively approve Memorandum of Understanding with California Department of Public Health to assign ten (10) state employees to increase case investigation and contact tracing in Merced County.
31. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Provider Participation Agreement between the Local Government Agency and Department of Health Care Services in regards to participating in the Targeted Case Management Program.
32. Relieve the Merced County Department of Public Health of liability for fixed assets 37132, 54143, 54144, 54145, 54146, 54151, 54152, 54153, 54155, 57356, 57359, 57360, 57366, 57369, 49080, 54408 by allowing the Auditor's office to remove the items from the Department of Public Health's Inventory.
33. Approve and authorize the Director of Public Health or designee to sign and submit the updated Scope of Work and future Scope of Works to Contract No. 2020152 for the California Home Visiting Program - State General Fund Expansion.
36. 1) Retroactively approve and authorize Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to submit The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Aware initiative, Trauma-Informed Network of Care Grant funds application for an anticipated amount of $300,000; and 2) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the new Grant Agreement with Aurrera Health Group for the ACEs Aware Initiative, Network of Care Grant, retroactively for $300,000.
37. 1) Approve and authorize Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to submit Mental Health Block Grant (MHBG) Application documents for 2021-2022 to the State Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) for approval for the amount of $1,370,019; 2) Authorize the Director of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to sign all MHBG documents necessary for submittal of application; and 3) Return to the Board upon receipt of approval by DHCS of MHBG Application documents.
39. Adopt Resolution approving and authorizing the Chairman to execute State Revenue Contract No. HI-2122-31 and form CDA1024 with the California Department of Aging for Health Insurance Counseling Advocacy program services.
40. 1) Adopt the Resolution authorizing an agreement with Telcion Communications Group to provide telecommunications technology procurement solutions through the County's FOCUS Program to other public agencies; 2) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the agreement with Telcion Communications Group allowing Telcion Communications Group to participate in the County's FOCUS Program, subject to the payment of the County's administrative fee, providing telecommunications technology procurement solutions to public agencies; and 3) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Telcion Communications Group contract award announcement letter.
41. 1) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Merced and City of Merced, relating to the Virginia Smith Trust Development Plan and other associated land use entitlements; 2) Direct staff to accept an application for, and initiate the analysis and development of, a specific plan for the Virginia Smith Trust project area in accordance with the policies and implementation measures of the University Community Plan, including revisions to the University Community Plan Boundary Area to be consistent with boundaries identified in the UC Merced Long Range Development Plan and City of Merced Specific Urban Development Plan, and also including the preferred alignment for Campus Parkway Segment IV agreed to by the County, City of Merced, UC Merced, and Virginia Smith Trust; and 3) Authorize the Director of Community and Economic Development to carry out the provisions of the MOU.
43. 1) Approve the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Fresno County Sheriff-Coroner and Merced County Sheriff's Office for participation and reimbursement of High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) overtime and expenses; and 2) Authorize the Sheriff to sign the MOU with CEO and Counsel approval.
46. 1) Establish and allocate the classification of Extra Help Sheriff Pilot, classification 0947, salary range up to $55.00/hour to Budget Unit 22100 and approve the classification specification; 2) Establish and allocate the classification of Extra Help Veterinarian, classification 0948, salary range up to $150/hour to Budget Unit 28700 and approve the classification specification; and, 3) Approve the amendments to the Position and Salary Allocation Resolutions 06-120/A and 06-120.
47. 1) Continue Mike Van Loben Sels as the Merced County Fire Chief and the Merced County Office of Emergency Services Director under Merced County Code Chapter 2.72; 2) Appoint Mark Pimentel as the Merced County Division Chief and the Merced County Office of Emergency Services Deputy Director - Operations pursuant to County Ordinance No. 1567; 3) Continue David Scheurich as the Merced County Office of Emergency Services Battalion Chief and the Merced County Office of Emergency Services Deputy Director - Administration pursuant to County Ordinance No. 1567; and adopt the Resolution to designate Authorized Agents for the Merced County Office of Emergency Services.
49. 1) Adopt the Resolution to call for an all mail special election on November 2, 2021 to fill the Los Banos Unified School District, Trustee Area 1 vacancy; and, 2) Authorize the Elections division of the Merced County Registrar of Voters to procure and furnish those election services requested by Los Banos Unified School District as more fully set forth in their Resolution No. S-2021-08, and to submit a cost bill to Los Banos Unified School District for reimbursement of the election services provided to them.
50. Authorize and support the Registrar of Voters to conduct Vote Center model elections in conjunction with the California Voter's Choice Act effective with the possible Governor Recall Special Election in 2021.
52. Approve the modifications to the following job classification specifications: Facility Assistant, Librarian I/II, Library Assistant I/II, Library Resource Technician I/II, County Veterans Service Officer, and Deputy County Executive Officer.
54. Fish and Game Commission re: Notice of Final Consideration of Petitions to list Clara Hunt's milkvetch (Astragalus claranus), Northern California summer steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and Upper Klamath-Trinity River spring Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) as threatened or endangered species for its June 16-17, 2021 meeting. Consideration of the petitions will be heard June 16, 2021 via webinar/teleconference.
June 22, 2021
July 13, 2021
July 27, 2021