Rodrigo Espinoza, District 1
Josh Pedrozo, District 2
Chairman Daron McDaniel, District 3
Lloyd Pareira, District 4
Scott Silveira, District 5
Phone: (209) 385-7366 Fax: (209) 726-7977
Regular Meeting – 10:00 a.m.
Merced County Administration Building
2222 M Street
Board Room, Third Floor
Merced CA, 95340
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1): Robert Jenkins v. County of Merced, Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case Nos. ADJ11681340 and ADJ11681342.
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning a Conference with Real Property Negotiator(s) Mark Hendrickson, Director-Community and Economic Development pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 as follows:
Property: 3430 A Street at Castle Commerce Center and including approximately 16.29 acres of property bordered by C Street, Aviation Drive, Apron Avenue, and Heritage Drive and 3.01 acres of property generally bordered by C Street, 12th Street and Spacecraft Drive at Castle Commerce Center.
Agency Negotiator: Mark Hendrickson, Director, Community and Economic Development
Negotiation Parties: Merced Union High School District
Under Negotiation: To request authority to negotiate proposed acquisition of facility and value
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED AS PUBLIC HEARINGS (Testimony limited to three minutes per person)
Submission of an application for 2020 Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus Response - (CDBG-CV) Program Assistance for Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, Children's System of Care Facility Improvements.
1) Open the Public Hearing and accept public comments regarding the submission of a grant application for the Community Development Block Grant Program-Coronavirus Response Round 2 and 3 (CDBG-CV2 and CV3) for public facility improvement assistance;
2) Close the Public Hearing;
3) Adopt the Resolution: a) Approving submittal of an application to the State of California following the CDBG-CV2 and CV3 activities pursuant to the December 2020 CDBG-CV/3 Notice of Funding Availability to be utilized for Public Facility Improvements-(Behavioral) Health Care Facility; b) Authorizing and directing the Director of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, or designee, to execute, and deliver application and act on the County's behalf in all matters pertaining to such application; c) If an application is approved, authorizing the Chairman to enter into, execute, and deliver the Standard Agreement and any and all subsequent amendments thereto with the State of California for the purposes of the grant subject to approval by Counsel; d) If an application is approved, authorizing the Director of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, or designee, to sign and submit Fund Requests and all required reporting forms and other documentation as may be required by the State of California in connection with the grant;
4) Direct Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to return to the Board with an informational item of all actions taken.
2) Close the Public Hearing;
3) Approve Request for Proposal (RFP) No. 7370 list of categorical awards to vendors as listed in Exhibit A;
4) Find based on the evidence in the record, that the provision of special services described in the proposed contracts will not adversely impact the provision of similar services by private sector companies or individuals within the County; and,
5) Authorize CED to negotiate three-year master price agreements with each selected vendor as authorized under Government Code sections 25330 et seq. and 6500 et seq. and return to the Board for contract approval, which will utilize the Joint Powers Authority structure to enable public agencies to efficiently procure technology, equipment, services, and systems through the County's competitive solicitation.
2) Close Public Hearing;
3) Adopt Resolution annexing the Villa Cordoba Unit 2 Phase 3 Subdivision No. 07-002 into the Villa Cordoba Unit 2 Landscape Maintenance Zone of Benefit No. 129 in County Service Area One.
2) Close Public Hearing;
3) Adopt the Resolution annexing the Villa Cordoba Unit 2 Phase 3 Subdivision No. 07-002 into the Hilmar-Irwin Lighting and Maintenance Zone of Benefit No. 100 in County Service Area One.
4. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $95,000 to transfer savings from the Main Administration A/V project to the 3rd floor/basement remodel project to facilitate the Board Office front counter ADA improvements and Board Clerk Office reconfiguration.
5. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2018029 with Manolito Castillo, M.D. for psychiatric services to convert the agreement to a rate-based contract and to revise Exhibits A and E.
7. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2021025 with Valley Caregiver Resource Center for caregiving support networks for family caregivers and grandparents and older individuals who are relative caregivers.
11. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2015109 with AMS.Net, Inc. for a FOCUS Program agreement providing telecommunications technology procurement solutions to public agencies through the Joint Powers Authority structure and the extension announcement letter.
13. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $570,000 for Affordable Housing Program to assist low-income families with first time buyer assistance and down payment obligations. Merced County contracts with Self-Help Enterprises to undertake these activities on its behalf. (4/5 Vote Required)
15. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $7,800 to cover the lease cost and one-time license fee for the remaining three months of FY 20/21 to improve coverage of the County-wide Merced Operational Area Regional Interoperable Communications System (MOA-RICS) additional site. (4/5 Vote Required)
16. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $32,000 to purchase a vehicle to help with transportation to and from community events, transporting ballots from the ROV office to the Elections Warehouse, ADA site surveys and roving on election day.
17. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2019175 with the Workforce Investment Board of Tulare County for the utilization of the Central Valley Industry Engagement Roundtable to extend the contract end date.
18. Accept Modification twelve (12) to Subgrant K9110025 (Amendment to Contract No. 2018218) with the State of California Employment Development Department to extend the term-end dates of the Regional Organizer/Regional Training Coordinator and SlingShot 2.0-Regional Plan Implementation projects.
19. Accept Modification four (4) to Subgrant AA111015 (Amendment to Contract No. 2020141) with the State of California Employment Development Department incorporating $3,846.16 of WIOA 15% Governor's Discretionary funds for the High Performing Board project in grant code 1222; and approve related Budget Transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
20. Accept Modification ten (10) to Subgrant AA011015 (Amendment to Contract No. 2019275) with the State of California Employment Development Department to incorporate $150,000 of WIOA 25% Additional Assistance funding to the Underserved COVID-19 Impacted Individuals Grants project in grant code 1215; and approve related Budget Transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
23. Authorize Proclamation in recognition of the production, vitality and importance for local, Independent Farming Operations and the productive engagement between the Government of India and farmers and peaceful demonstrators to benefit India's agricultural sector.
24. Adopt Resolution approving the list of road projects to be funded by SB 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act, for fiscal year 2021/2022 with costs for those projects estimated at $7,550,000 and funds from SB 1 for those projects anticipated to be $7,892,285.
25. 1) Adopt the plans and specifications for the California Autotech Testing and Development Center (CATDC); 2) Authorize the Department of Public Works (DPW) to advertise the project and conduct a public bid opening; 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to award and execute a construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder provided said bid is within the established budget, upon approval of County Counsel and Risk Management; and 4) Direct the DPW to return to the Board with an informational item describing all actions taken.
26. Formally recognize termination of Merced County Contract No. 2012067 with Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9946 for the Operation and Management of the Atwater Veterans Memorial Hall and authorize the Director of Public Works to take all actions necessary to implement said termination and to identify alternative organizations eligible to take on management of the hall.
33. 1) Approve the FY 2021-2022 budget for the Central Delta-Mendota Activity Agreement, as recommended by the Agreement's Management Committee, for the performance of services necessary to comply with the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA); 2) Approve the FY 2021-2022 budget for the Northern Delta-Mendota Activity Agreement, as recommended by the Agreement's Management Committee, for the performance of services necessary to comply with SGMA; 3) Approve the FY 2021-2022 budget for coordinated costs in the Delta-Mendota subbasin to be shared equally by Groundwater Sustainability Plan groups; and 4) Authorize payment to the San Luis and Delta-Mendota Water Authority for Merced County's allocation of the Central and Northern region Delta-Mendota Activity Agreement budgets and Merced County's share of the coordinated budget in the approximate amounts of $54,151, $10,876, and $783 respectively.
35. Contract with EMC Planning Group, Inc. to provide consulting services for the preparation of the supplemental or subsequent Environmental Impact Report and Technical Analyses for the Bradbury Ranch Master Plan Area; and approve related Budget Transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
36. As authorized by Public Contract Code section 22050, determine that an emergency exists such that repairs to the damaged 400 foot section of railway at Castle Commerce Center should continue to be made without giving notice for bids to enter into contracts. (4/5 Vote Required)
37. Approve and authorize the Chairman and the Director of Child Support Services to sign the Plan of Cooperation between Merced-Mariposa Regional Department of Child Support and California Department of Child Support Services.
39. 1) Add one Sheriff Dispatcher I/II, class 7748/6920, range 67.1/69.1 to Budget Unit 22110; 2) Change one Supervising Sheriff Dispatcher, position number 93, to range 71.0 in Budget Unit 22110; and 3) Approve the amendments to the Position and Salary Allocation Resolutions 06-120/A and 06-120.
41. 1) Direct staff to implement the actions in accordance with Elections Code Section 21500 et seq. to move forward with Merced County Supervisorial Redistricting for 2021; utilize staff and consultants to coordinate the project, obtain community input, and present draft maps for the Boards ultimate review and adoption; and 2) Approve and adopt the tentative schedule for the 2021 Merced County redistricting process, and allow for any related future adjustments to the timeline as necessary.
42. 1) Introduce an ordinance entitled, "An Ordinance Amending Sections 2.36.050, 16.12.020, 16.16.020, and 18.64.080 of the Merced County Code Modifying the Responsibilities of the Directors of Public Works and Community and Economic Development", and waive further reading; 2) Set possible adoption of said ordinance on the May 11, 2021 Board agenda.
44. Elections re: Final certified results for the election held on March 30, 2021 for the Merced County Employees' Retirement Association Board General Member Seat #2, Safety Member Seat #7, and Alternate Retired Member Seat #8 commencing immediately upon certification of the election.
45. Public Works re: Contract No. 2020188 was awarded to Clean Cut Landscape, Inc. of Clovis, CA in the amount of $828,444 for the Main Administration Building Landscape Improvements located at 2222 "M" Street, Merced, CA.
46. Public Works re: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Award No. 20-CDBG-12031 Standard Agreement with the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) will be signed by the Chairman effective April 27, 2021 and will subsequently be forwarded to HCD by the Department of Public Works.
47. Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board re: Proposition 65 notification being made as a result of environmental investigations associated with the Former Castle Air Force Base located in Atwater, CA for perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS), perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), and groundwater impacts.
May 11, 2021
May 18, 2021
June 8, 2021
June 22, 2021