Rodrigo Espinoza, District 1
Josh Pedrozo, District 2
Chairman Daron McDaniel, District 3
Lloyd Pareira, District 4
Scott Silveira, District 5
Phone: (209) 385-7366 Fax: (209) 726-7977
Regular Meeting – 10:00 a.m.
Merced County Administration Building
2222 M Street
Board Room, Third Floor
Merced CA, 95340
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 concerning a Conference with County of Merced Staff Negotiators concerning negotiations with: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Units 4, 5, 6 and 8; United Public Employees (UPE), Unit 3; Merced County Attorney Association (MCAA), Unit 7; Teamsters (Corrections), Unit 2; Merced County Law Enforcement Sergeants, Unit 30; Merced County Deputy Sheriff Association (DSA), Unit 10: Teamsters (Non-Safety Corrections), Unit 12; Merced County Public Safety Services Unit (MCPSSU), Unit 14; and Probation Supervising Employees, Unit 11. Agency Negotiator: Marci Barrera
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1): SHS Family LTD. Partnership and 4-S Ranch Partners, LLC v. County of Merced Case No. 21CV-00564.
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning a Conference with Real Property Negotiator(s) Dana Hertfelder, Director of Public Works pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 as follows:
Property: APN #022-010-025 a 2-acre parcel and APN #022-010-021 a 1.98-acre parcel in the Livingston area
Agency Negotiator: Dana Hertfelder, Director of Public Works
Negotiation Parties: JEG Livingston Ranches LLC and the Livingston Health Clinic respectively
Under Negotiation: To request authority to negotiate proposed purchase
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED AS PUBLIC HEARINGS (Testimony limited to three minutes per person)
2) Close the Public Hearing;
3) Find that the removal and addition of land from the Agricultural Preserve pertaining to: a) PLA 20-015 and located on the northeast corner of Bloss Avenue and Campground Road in the Delhi area, b) PLA20-17 located on the south side of Dickenson Ferry Road, approximately 659 feet east of Gurr Road in the Merced area, c) MS20-015 located on the southeast corner of Griffith Avenue and August Road in the Delhi area, d) MS20-021 located on the west side of Pepper Street, approximately 1,370 feet south of W. South Avenue in the Ballico area, is exempt from CEQA under Section 15183, Projects Consistent with a Community Plan or Zoning based on the findings listed in the Board Agenda Item; and,
4) Adopt a Resolution to amend the Agricultural Preserve as per the requirements of the Land Conservation Act of 1965 (Williamson Act) Section 51200 et seq. of the California Government Code.
First Reading for a Proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 5.90 of the Merced County Code by increasing the refuse of collection rates for the unincorporated areas within County Solid Waste Franchise areas 1 through 5.
1) Introduce and conduct the first reading of an ordinance that proposes to increase refuse collection rates in the unincorporated areas of Merced County entitled "An Ordinance Amending Refuse Service Fees and Charges for County Solid Waste Franchise Areas" (Amends Chapter 5.90 to the Merced County Code and Ordinance 1987);
2) Waive further reading of the proposed ordinance;
3) Set second reading and possible adoption of the proposed ordinance on April 6, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. (Amends Chapter 5.90 to the Merced County Code and Ordinance 1987)
1. 1) Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2017182 with NV5 for construction management services for the Campus Parkway Project, amending NV5's approved wage rates with no adjustment to total compensation, updating insurance requirements and adding COVID-19 language; and 2) Authorize the Director of Public Works to execute future wage rate amendments to this contract that do not otherwise adjust the contract's not-to-exceed contract amount.
4. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $29,360 to move appropriations to reflect the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) survey and design costs to be reflected in the Gustine Veteran's Hall ADA project.
5. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $17,610 to move appropriations to reflect the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) survey and design costs to be reflected in the Livingston Veteran's Hall ADA project.
8. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $415,000 to increase appropriations for the Merced County Navigation Center and Homeless Shelter project to fund necessary construction change orders incurred during installation of the containers. (4/5 Vote Required)
9. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2018045 with California Department of Public Health-Immunization Branch for immunization services in supplemental funding in the amount of $103,807; 2) Approve Budget Transfer (4/5 Vote Required); and 3) Adopt the Resolution approving the amendment to the contract.
10. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $60,600 to increase appropriations and related revenue for the county-wide replacement of emergency medical care provider AED's in the field that are nearing the end of their service life. (4/5 Vote Required)
11. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2017196 with Turning Point Community Programs, for services provided through the Housing Specialist Program as part of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Community Services and Supports (CSS) program, updating the pricing conditions, revising Exhibit B and extending the contract term.
14. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Contract No. 2018179 with Aspiranet to provide wraparound and specialty mental health services to Youth Beneficiaries in Merced County, extending the term of the agreement and revising Exhibit E.
15. 1) Retroactively approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding No. 2015230 with California Department of State Hospitals and California Mental Health Services Authority for the purpose of accessing State hospital beds amending the term of the agreement with no financial obligation unless a hospital bed is used; and 2) Authorize the Director of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to sign the Purchase Agreement.
17. Approve Budget Transfer in the amount of $13,249.20 increasing the appropriation in the software account to pay the annual maintenance fee for use of the Statewide Electronic Courier Universal Recording Environment (SECURE) portal. (4/5 Vote Required)
19. Act on Claims for Damages submitted by Julie Vera, Chanrithy Meas, Jessica Moran, Savannah Rose Johnson, Than Dinh, Magdalena Felix, and Daniel Leon Roberts as recommended by Risk Management and County Counsel.
21. Certificates of Recognition for being selected by the American Leadership Forum-Great Valley Chapter to Matthew Francis and Wendy Spencer as recipients of the Heart of ALF Award and Andre Griggs for Leadership in Action Award, presented March 18, 2021.
23. In accordance with Government Code section 66006, subdivision (b), review and approve the 2019/2020 Fiscal Year Annual Report providing the public with information on the various impact fees that were collected to fund the cost of public improvements.
24. 1) Adopt the Plans and Specifications for the Houlihan Park Renovation Project; 2) Authorize the Department of Public Works to advertise said Plans and Specifications for a Public Bid Opening; 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to award a construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder provided said bid is within the established budget; 4) Authorize the Chairman to execute said construction contract upon review of the Public Works Department, Risk Management, and County Counsel; 5) Direct the Public Works Department to return to the Board of Supervisors with an informational item describing all actions taken; and 6) Approve associated Budget Transfers to transfer the Houlihan Park Renovation Project from Department of Public Works, Park (BU 16500) to Capital Improvements Projects (BU 17000). (4/5 Vote Required)
27. Authorize the Director of Human Services Agency or designee to continue performing administrative functions as the Merced City and County Continuum of Care Collaborative Applicant for two years from June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2023.
28. 1) Authorize the Chairman to sign grant application for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) funding for Castle Airport in the amount of $47,162; and 2) Authorize the Director of Community & Economic Development to take any further administrative actions related to the FAA CRRSAA Award implementation, including but not limited to acceptance of grant award upon concurrence of County Executive Officer and County Counsel.
29. Contract with Borba Dairy Farms LP, Borba Dairy Farms Home Ranch LP for the payment of costs charged by Environmental Planning Partners, Inc. for the preparation of an Environmental Impact Report for the Borba Dairy Farms Expansion project (CUP20-014), which is generally located on the southwest corner of Kelly Road and Turner Road in the Hilmar area.
30. Contract with Environmental Planning Partners, Inc., to prepare an Environmental Impact Report for the Borba Dairy Farms Expansion project (CUP20-014), which is generally located on the southwest corner of Kelly Road and Turner Road in the Hilmar area; and approve the related Budget Transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
32. Contract with Edward Hoekstra for the payment of costs charged by Environmental Planning Partners, Inc. for the preparation of an Environmental Impact Review for the Hillcrest Dairy Expansion project (CUP20-013) which is generally located on the west side of North Hayden Road, south of South Bear Drive, approximately one mile north of East Highway 140 in the Le Grand / Planada area.
33. Contract with Environmental Planning Partners, Inc. to prepare an Environmental Impact Report for the Hillcrest Dairy Expansion (CUP20-013) which is generally located on the west side of North Hayden Road, south of South Bear Drive, approximately one mile north of East Highway 140 in the Le Grand / Planada area; and approve the related Budget Transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
34. Review and accept the General Plan Annual Progress Report and direct staff to forward a copy of the report to the Governor's Office of Planning and Research, and the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
35. 1) Approve the Local Workforce Development Board Recertification Request for Program Years 2021-2023 to continue providing employment related services to businesses and job seekers under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for Merced County; and 2) Authorize the Chairman to sign all copies of the Recertification Request.
38. 1) Adopt the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Employer Contribution Rates for the MercedCERA retirement fund as recommended by the Actuarial Report; and 2) Adopt the Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Employee Contribution Rates for the MercedCERA retirement fund as recommended by the Actuarial Report.
43. Authorize and direct the Clerk of the Board to execute and issue the Memorandum or Notice of Non-Authorization, pursuant to Government Code section 53853(b) and serve notice to Dos Palos Oro Loma Joint Unified School District that the Board of Supervisors will not authorize issuance of the TRANS within 45 calendar days, thereby freeing the District to issue the TRANS on their own respective behalf.
44. 1) Approve the request from Pacheco Water District to hold all Subsequent District Elections during even-numbered years after November 2020 to coincide with statewide general elections, and acknowledge that the Pacheco Water District is not seeking to have the Elections conducted by the County Elections Official; 2) Extend the term of Aaron Barcellos, Alec Smith, and David Parreira as members of the Pacheco Water District by one-year from 2023 to December 6, 2024; and 3) Extend the term of George Delgado and Lance LeVake as members of the Pacheco Water District by one-year from 2021 to December 2, 2022.
45. 1) Approve the 2021 Legislative Agenda with any revisions as recommended by the Board of Supervisors; 2) Authorize the Chairman and the County Executive Officer to periodically provide letters of support or opposition as needed based on any benefit or detriment to the County of Merced; and 3) Direct staff to forward the 2021 Legislative Agenda to Merced County's legislative representatives and advocates.
46. Contract with Transworld Systems Inc. for debt collection services on county delinquent accounts for the period March 1, 2021 through February 28, 2024, including an option for two 1-year extensions at one-year intervals.
47. Authorize the County Executive Officer to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in substantially the form submitted with the California Government Operations Agency to continue Merced County's eligibility for allocation of COVID-19 vaccine.
48. Accept 2020 Local Agency Biennial Notice for the Conflict of Interest Code from the Country Club Water District as submitted with no amendment required, and authorize notification to the agency of action taken.
April 6, 2021
April 27, 2021
May 11, 2021
May 18, 2021