Chairman Rodrigo Espinoza, District 1
Lee Lor, District 2
Daron McDaniel, District 3
Lloyd Pareira, District 4
Scott Silveira, District 5
Phone: (209) 385-7366 Fax: (209) 726-7977
Regular Meeting – 10:00 a.m.
Merced County Administration Building
2222 M Street
Board Room, Third Floor
Merced CA, 95340
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session concerning Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9(d)(1): 1. Garcia v. County of Merced, et al., Merced Superior Court Case No. 17CV-02567.
It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54947: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE INTERVIEWS, Title: County Counsel. (Interviews are scheduled to commence at 1:15 p.m.)
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED AS PUBLIC HEARINGS (Testimony limited to three minutes per person)
Conduct a first reading for a proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 5.90 of the Merced County Code by increasing the refuse collection rate for the unincorporated areas within County solid waste franchise areas 1 through 5.
1) Introduce and conduct the first reading of an Ordinance that proposed to increase refuse collection rates in the Unincorporated areas of Merced County and is entitled "An Ordinance Amending refuse Serve Fees and Charges for County Solid Waste Franchise Areas " (Amends Chapter 5.90 to Merced County Code and Ordinance 1957);
2) Waive further reading of the proposed Ordinance; and,
3) Set a second reading and possible adoption of the proposed Ordinance on February 25, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. (Amends Chapter 5.90 of the Merced County Code and Ordinance 1957).
4. 1) Approve the name change from Dimension Data North America, Inc. to NTT America Solutions, Inc. for FOCUS Program Amendment Contract No. 2016071; 2) Approve the second extension of Contract No. 2016071, a FOCUS Program agreement providing telecommunications technology solutions, through April 25, 2021 with NTT America Solutions, Inc.; and 3) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Amendment Contract and one-year extension announcement letter.
5. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment Contract No. 2019052 with Tully and Young Inc. for professional special services in connection to sustainable groundwater planning in Merced County, to extend the contract one additional year not to exceed $75,000.
8. Accept Modification three (3) to Subgrant AA011015 (Amendment Contract No. 2019275) to restore program integrity set aside for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Formula Funds to Youth Funding; and approve related budget transfer. (4/5 Vote Required)
12. Certificates of Recognition for being selected by the Merced River Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizen of the Year Award to Esmeralda Barajas (Livingston High School), Genevieve Dietz (Buhach Colony High School), Jessica Arias (Atwater High School), Kate Colvin (Merced High School), Katherine Horal (Golden Valley High School), and Shiwani Lata (El Capitan High School), presented February 1, 2020.
17. 1) Approve a Retainer Agreement with Precision Civil Engineering Inc. for On-Call Surveying and Engineering Services for Small County Projects upon approval by County Counsel and Risk Management; 2) Authorize the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors to execute the agreement; and 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to execute Projects Supplement Agreements.
18. 1) Adopt the Plans and Specifications for the new HVAC system and PG&E upgrade at the Merced Veterans Hall; 2) Authorize the Department of Public Works to advertise said Plans and Specification for a Public Bid Opening; 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to award a construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder proved said bid is within the established budget; 4) Authorize the Chairman to execute said construction contract upon review of the Department of Public Works, Risk Management and County Counsel; and, 5) Return to the Board of Supervisors with an informational item describing all actions taken.
19. 1) Adopt the Plans and Specifications for the Stephens Street Road Diet Improvement Project, a project to convert Stephens Street between El Capitan Way and Shell Street from four travel lanes to two travel lanes and add a two-way left turn lane, bike lanes, and pedestrian improvements in the Delhi area; 2) Authorize the Department of Public Works to advertise the project and conduct a public bid opening; 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to award and execute a construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder provided said bid is within the established budget, upon approval of County Counsel and Risk Management; and 4) Direct the Department of Public Works to return to the Board with an informational item describing all actions taken.
20. 1) Adopt the Plans and Specifications for the Enhanced Pedestrian Crosswalk Improvements Project, a project to install rapid flashing beacon systems at four locations in the Santa Nella, Dos Palos, and Le Grand areas; 2) Authorize the Department of Public Works to advertise the project and conduct a public bid opening; 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to award and execute a construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder provided said bid is within the established budget, upon approval of County Counsel and Risk Management; and 4) Direct the Department of Public Works to return to the Board with an informational item describing all actions taken.
21. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute a grant deed conveying property from the County of Merced to the State of California to transfer the right-of-way acquired for the Atwater-Merced Expressway / State Route 99 Project by the County to the State of California.
22. 1) Ratify submission of an application for the Waste Tire Enforcement Grant Application (Cycle 27) for enforcement and inspection activities tentatively planned to start June 30, 2020 ending June 29, 2021 in the amount of $77,241; 2) Adopt the Resolution granting Board approval to sign all application documents; 3) Designate the Director of Public Health or designee to submit all payment requests and grant activity forms; and 4) Direct the Department of Public Health to return to the Board if awarded.
23. Approve the Director of Public Health to sign all copies of the non-binding letter of intent to enter into the Intergovernmental Transfer funding mechanism with the Central California Alliance for Health.
24. 1) Authorize the Director of Human Services Agency, or designee, to electronically submit a Homeless Housing and Assistance Program grant application in the amount of $663,533.24 for Merced Navigation Center operations to the State of California Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency, Division of California Homeless Coordinating and Financing Council prior to the February 15, 2020 deadline; 2) Authorize the Director of Human Services Agency to execute all documents relating to the grant application; 3) Direct the Director of Human Services Agency to return to the Board of Supervisors with the application results and to accept award; and 4) Authorize Human Services Agency to accept any future reallocation of funding for this program.
25. Approve Contract with Aspiranet to provide home visitor services to families involved with the Child Welfare System that have children who are at risk of abuse or neglect; and authorize the Chairman to sign the Contract.
26. 1) Adopt a Resolution authorizing the submittal of a CalHome Program grant application in the amount of $600,000 to be used for the first-time homebuyer mortgage assistance and owner-occupied rehabilitation assistance to low or very low income households within the unincorporated areas of Merced County; 2) Authorize the Chairman to execute the application, the Standard Agreement, any amendments thereto, and any all other documents or instruments necessary or required by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for acceptance of grant funds and participation in the CalHome Program; 3) Direct Community and Economic Development Department (CED) to return to the Board with an information item of all actions taken; 4) Authorize CED Director to transfer or modify CalHome grant budget amounts and activities as necessary to fully expend CalHome Programs funds; 5) Authorize CED Director and/or Deputy Planning Director to execute loan documents, funds requests, and other required reporting forms necessary to participate in the CalHome Program.
30. Authorize the distribution of excess proceeds from the public auction of tax defaulted property sold for failure to pay taxes on real property per Exhibit "A" to the valid claimants in the amount of $654,024.55. The remaining funds that do not have a valid claim totaling $61,086.086 per Exhibits "A" and "B" are to be transferred to Trust Fund #02000-02080 Property Taxes-Tax Loss Reserve.
38. California Fish and Game Commission re: Notice of Receipt of Petition regarding a five-year status review concerning Clara Hunt's Milkvetch (Astragalus claranus Jeps.) recommending up-listing the species from threatened to endangered status.
39. California Fish and Game Commission re: Notice of proposed regulatory action relative to sections 550, 550.5, 551, 552, 630 and 702, Title 14, California Code of Regulations, relating to wildlife areas, public lands and ecological reserves.
40. California Fish and Game Commission re: 15-day continuation notice for the Experimental Fishing Permit (EFP) Program (Phase 1) regulations, published in the California Regulatory Notice Register on August 23, 2019, Notice No. Z2019-0813-01, and adopted by the Fish and Game Commission (Commission) on October 10, 2019 in Valley Center.
February 25, 2020
March 10, 2020
March 31, 2020